- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine oats, nuts, dates, cranberries. Break the dates up with your hands if they are sticking together and coat with oat mixture
- In a medium saucepan simmer together the butter with the remaining ingredients until well blended with a whisk.
- Pour over oat mixture and blend well.
- Let the mixture sit for 10-15 minutes to moisten.
- On a lined baking sheet pour granola mixture in pan.
- Press firmly into an even layer, making sure to press all the way into the corners.
- Bake until golden brown. 25-35minutes. The center should be firm.
- Remove from oven and let cool to room temp.
- Break into large clusters.
- Store in an airtight container for on-the-go snacking.
Serve over yogurt with fruit or eat by the handful as a snack.