The Bard Valley Medjool Date Growers Association is deeply committed to creating and maintaining the highest growing, handling, storing and packaging standards and practices in the industry. Our efforts are led by our highly qualified and experienced Compliance and Standards Director and Manager.
Andrew J. Costanza
Compliance and Standards Director
Mr. Costanza has been working in the produce business for over 30 years. He was born in Castro Valley, California, but spent most of his childhood in Italy, where his father worked as Director of Del Monte Corp. After Del Monte transferred the family to Mexico, Mr. Costanza continued his education there and received his Bachelors degree in Business from the Universidad de Americas. Settling in the area, Mr. Costanza and his wife produced vegetables under contract for Del Monte for the next 10 years. From there he moved into management of a large vegetable farming operation, and over the next 15 years managed several large farms in both Mexico and the United States.
Most recently, Mr. Costanza turned his attentions to focus more directly on the matter of food safety and security. He has completed numerous food safety and GAP seminars, HACCP & OSHA training, and, of course, Food Safety audits. His extensive farming and business management experience, combined with his language skills (Italian and Spanish), make him a versatile choice to manage the Growers Association’s compliance and standards programs.Contact Andrew
Edgar A. Galaviz
Compliance and Standards Manager
Agriculture has always been a major aspect of Mr. Galaviz’s life. At an early age, he was given the opportunity to work for a grower in Yuma, Arizona and found his niche in resource and personnel management. To hone his skills, Mr. Galaviz attended numerous training seminars during his employment at one of Arizona’s largest labor contractor companies.
Over the last 10 years Mr. Galaviz has built upon his agriculture safety and compliance experience working for labor contractors in agriculture around the Yuma Arizona area, and in the California counties of Monterey, San Joaquin and Santa Barbara, California. Key to his success was the relationships built with local, state and federal government agencies that oversee agricultural personnel and employment rules and regulations such as the U.S. Department of Labor, U.S. Department of Agriculture and OSHA. Working for and around people who are passionate about agriculture and labor management helped Mr. Galaviz refine his motto:
To create and maintain a safe work environment that motivates all business partners to produce high-quality-safe products that meet the high demands of the industry.Contact Edgar
All of our growers implements a rigorous food safety program on their farms, which includes compliance with the established Good Agricultural Practice guidelines from the USDA. We carry the following certifications to assure you that our products meet the highest quality standards.
We carry the following certifications to assure you that our products meet the highest quality standards. Each certificate below is provided as a printable copy for your convenience.
Scientific Certification Systems (SCS)
- SCS Packing Facility Certificate - Datepac LLC
- SCS Harvesting Practices Certificate - Bard Date Company
- SCS Land & Growing Practices Certificate - Bard Date Company
- SCS Harvesting Practices Certificate - Imperial Date Garden
- SCS Land & Growing Practices Certificate - Imperial Date Garden
- SCS Harvesting Practices Certificate - Winterhaven Ranch
- SCS Land & Growing Practices Certificate - Winterhaven Ranch
- SCS Harvesting Practices Certificate - Vandervoort Date Ranches
- SCS Land & Growing Practices Certificate - Vandervoort Date Ranches
- SCS Harvesting Practices Certificate - Bloom to Box
- SCS Land & Growing Practices Certificate - Bloom to Box
- SCS Harvesting Practices Certificate - Oasis Date Garden
- SCS Land & Growing Practices Certificate - Oasis Date Garden
- SCS Harvesting Practices Certificate - S. H. Elmore
- SCS Land & Growing Practices Certificate - S. H. Elmore
- SCS Global G.A.P. Certificate - Nelson Bros. Farms
- SCS Global G.A.P. Certificate - Sun Garden Date Growers
- SCS Food Security Certificate