- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Small Spanish Onion, Diced
- 1lb Lean Ground Beef
- 2 Serrano Chilies, Seeded, Diced
- 1/2 Tbsp of Curry Powder
- 1 Cup of Chickpeas, Drained
- 1/2 Cup of Medjool Dates, Diced
- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs, Diced
- 1 Tsp of Kosher Salt
- 1/4 Tsp of Ground Black Pepper
- 16 Empanada Wrappers or Your Favorite Empanada Dough Recipe
- 2 Tbsp Milk and 1 Egg for brushing
*While Medjool dates are high in natural sugars, they are low on the glycemic index thanks to a balanced amount of soluble fiber.
The complex carbohydrates found in Medjool dates are digested at a slower rate, making them a source of dietary fiber and releasing energy
to the body over a longer period of time.