- 1-pound loaf sourdough bread
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 10 ounces butternut squash, cubed
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 large apple, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3/4 cup Natural Delights pitted dates, chopped
- 10 sprigs fresh thyme leaves
- 10 fresh sage leaves
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
*While Medjool dates are high in natural sugars, they are low on the glycemic index thanks to a balanced amount of soluble fiber.
The complex carbohydrates found in Medjool dates are digested at a slower rate, making them a source of dietary fiber and releasing energy
to the body over a longer period of time.