- 1 cup of Natural Delights pitted dates
- 1 1/2 cups of old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup of nut or seed butter
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup or honey
- 1 cup of mix-ins (nuts, chia seeds, raisins, dried cranberries, flaxseed, pepitas, chocolate chips, dried fruit, coconut, etc), can be one cup of 1 thing such as 1 cup of almonds OR it can be a 1 cup mixture of any mix-ins
- Optional for dipping or drizzling: melted chocolate
Nutritional analysis per serving:
Calories: 141, Fat: 11g, Cholesterol: 0g, Sodium: 3g, Carbohydrates: 8g, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 3g, Protein: 4g, Vitamin A: 0%, Vitamin C: 0%
*While Medjool dates are high in natural sugars, they are low on the glycemic index thanks to a balanced amount of soluble fiber.
The complex carbohydrates found in Medjool dates are digested at a slower rate, making them a source of dietary fiber and releasing energy
to the body over a longer period of time.