This vegan chocolate peppermint mousse seems like such an indulgent treat for the holidays, but it’s actually made with feel-good ingredients and naturally sweetened with dates. Recipe by Le Petit Eats.
- 1/2 cup Natural Delights Pitted Whole Medjool Dates about 7-8
- 6 ounces dark chocolate chunks
- 12 ounces silken tofu drained and patted dry
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract plus more to taste
- Pinch of salt
- Dairy-free whipped cream optional, for garnish
- Crushed candy canes optional, for garnish
*While Medjool dates are high in natural sugars, they are low on the glycemic index thanks to a balanced amount of soluble fiber.
The complex carbohydrates found in Medjool dates are digested at a slower rate, making them a source of dietary fiber and releasing energy
to the body over a longer period of time.