1. In a food processor, combine Natural Delights Pitted Medjool Dates, almond butter, and vanilla. Process to a smooth paste.
2. In a mixing bowl, stir together rice cereal, cocoa powder, date paste, and salt (it's messy but hands work best!)
3. Melt the dark chocolate chips.
4. Add half to the cereal mixture and mix to evenly coat.
5. Press into a lined 8x8" pan and top with remaining melted chocolate.
6. Freeze 2-3 hours until firm.
7. Slice and enjoy! Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refridgerator.
Calories: 263, Fat: 17g, Fiber: 6g, Sodium: 57g, Carbohydrates: 32g, Fiber: 5g, Sugar: 19g, Protein: 5g
*While Medjool dates are high in natural sugars, they are low on the glycemic index thanks to a balanced amount of soluble fiber. The complex carbohydrates found in Medjool dates are digested at a slower rate, making them a source of dietary fiber and releasing energy to the body over a longer period of time.