1. Blend the caramel ingredients until combined and very smooth.
2. Spoon into a candy bar mold filling each cavity 3/4 of the way.
3. Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil together. Stir in the rice cereal.
4. Spoon a layer of this chocolate mixture on top of each caramel bar.
5. Freeze the bars overnight. Cover the rest of the chocolate + cereal mixture, and save for tomorrow.
6. Carefully remove the bars from the mold (they may not come out perfect, you can easily fix/reshape the caramel) and arrange on a wire rack with the chocolate side down.
7. Re-melt the chocolate cereal mixture in the microwave for about 1 minute. Spoon on top of each bar to completely coat.
8. Rest at room temperature until the chocolate is set.
9. Enjoy! Keep leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
*If you don’t have a candy bar mold, line a square baking pan with parchment paper. Spread a thin layer of the chocolate cereal mixture in the bottom of the pan and chill until set. Then spread the caramel on top of the chocolate as evenly as possible. Freeze overnight. Slice into bars the next day, then coat the sides and tops as instructed above.
*While Medjool dates are high in natural sugars, they are low on the glycemic index thanks to a balanced amount of soluble fiber. The complex carbohydrates found in Medjool dates are digested at a slower rate, making them a source of dietary fiber and releasing energy to the body over a longer period of time.