This Curry, Date, and Almond Pilaf is a filling side dish that delivers a trifecta of fragrance, flavor and texture with every bite.
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1 1/2 cups Spanish Onions, finely diced
- 2 cups Basmati Rice, cooked
- 1 cup Sliced Almonds
- 6 diced Medjool Dates
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Ground White Pepper
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 Tbsp Curry Powder
- 4 cups Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 2 Tbsp Flat Leaf Italian Parsley, chopped
*While Medjool dates are high in natural sugars, they are low on the glycemic index thanks to a balanced amount of soluble fiber.
The complex carbohydrates found in Medjool dates are digested at a slower rate, making them a source of dietary fiber and releasing energy
to the body over a longer period of time.