1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8×8 inch pan with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor, blend together the dates, almond butter and water until the dates are almost fully broken down and a paste forms. You may need to stop and scrap the sides of the food processor a few times. This will take about a minute of blending.
3. Add in the remaining ingredients (minus the chocolate chips) and blend until fully combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
4. Pour the batter (it’ll be pretty thick) into the prepared pan and use a spatula to spread it out evenly into the pan. Top with additional chocolate chips as desired.
5. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Serve and enjoy!
*While Medjool dates are high in natural sugars, they are low on the glycemic index thanks to a balanced amount of soluble fiber. The complex carbohydrates found in Medjool dates are digested at a slower rate, making them a source of dietary fiber and releasing energy to the body over a longer period of time.