These delectable date brussels sprouts are the perfect balance of sweet and savory and are so simple to make!
Recipe by: Food with Feeling
- 1 pound of Brussels sprouts (can be fresh OR frozen and thawed), rinsed
- 12 ounces of Natural Delights Medjool Dates, pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoon of butter
- 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- ~1 teaspoon of sea salt
- Pepper to taste
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 4 ounces of crumbled Goat Cheese (optional)
*While Medjool dates are high in natural sugars, they are low on the glycemic index thanks to a balanced amount of soluble fiber.
The complex carbohydrates found in Medjool dates are digested at a slower rate, making them a source of dietary fiber and releasing energy
to the body over a longer period of time.