- For The Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1/3 cup of chopped yellow onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3 teaspoons of maple syrup (or 1 pitted date)
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- For The Salad:
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1 cup of shredded purple cabbage
- 5 Natural Delights Medjool dates, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons of slivered almonds or pine nuts (optional to taste)
- 1 batch of crispy chickpeas (from 15-ounce can of chickpeas)
*While Medjool dates are high in natural sugars, they are low on the glycemic index thanks to a balanced amount of soluble fiber.
The complex carbohydrates found in Medjool dates are digested at a slower rate, making them a source of dietary fiber and releasing energy
to the body over a longer period of time.