- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced (or pressed)
- 2-3 fresh Medjool dates, pitted, roughly chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp. fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (optional - adds a little kick)
- 1 lb. mostaccoili pasta (or penne or pasta of choice)
- 3 Tbsp fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- Chunk of Parmigiano Reggiano hard cheese
*While Medjool dates are high in natural sugars, they are low on the glycemic index thanks to a balanced amount of soluble fiber.
The complex carbohydrates found in Medjool dates are digested at a slower rate, making them a source of dietary fiber and releasing energy
to the body over a longer period of time.