1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a food processor, blend pitted Medjool dates, almond butter, almond milk, prepared flax egg, and vanilla. Process to a smooth paste (a few chunks are okay).
3. Transer to a bowl and stir in almond flour, salt, and baking soda.
4. Fold in marshmallows and chocolate chips.
5. Scoop onto a lined baking sheet, leaving room for them to spread. Add a few extra chocolate chips on top.
6. Bake 11-12 minutes at 350°F.
7. Cool for 10-15 minutes on the pan, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Calories: 121, Fat: 7g, Fiber: 2g, Sodium: 104mg, Carbohydrates: 12g, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 8g, Protein: 2g
*While Medjool dates are high in natural sugars, they are low on the glycemic index thanks to a balanced amount of soluble fiber. The complex carbohydrates found in Medjool dates are digested at a slower rate, making them a source of dietary fiber and releasing energy to the body over a longer period of time.