1. Add all ingredients to the food processor bowl.
2. Pulse a few times initially to combine ingredients. (Use a spatula to scrape sides as needed.)
3. Blend for about 30 seconds to combine further.
4. Open lid and check the consistency. The mixture should be slightly sticky and pieces of nuts still visible.
5. Be careful not to over-process or it will get too sticky and difficult to roll. If the mixture seems too dry and is not sticking together, you can add another tablespoon of lemon juice or a tablespoon of warm water.
6. Blend in 20-30 second increments until everything is integrated and you reach the desired consistency.
7. Once the mixture is ready, scoop or spoon and roll each bite and place on parchment paper.
8. Additionally, you can roll them in shredded unsweetened coconut before storing.
9. Store in layers (with parchment paper in between) in an air-tight container or ziplock bag.
10. Store the bites in the fridge for up to a month or in the freezer if planning to store them for longer.
*While Medjool dates are high in natural sugars, they are low on the glycemic index thanks to a balanced amount of soluble fiber. The complex carbohydrates found in Medjool dates are digested at a slower rate, making them a source of dietary fiber and releasing energy to the body over a longer period of time.