- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup grapefruit juice
- 1 cup unsalted tomato paste
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 12 Natural Delights® Medjool Dates, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. each salt and ground black pepper
*While Medjool dates are high in natural sugars, they are low on the glycemic index thanks to a balanced amount of soluble fiber.
The complex carbohydrates found in Medjool dates are digested at a slower rate, making them a source of dietary fiber and releasing energy
to the body over a longer period of time.