- 3 Natural Delights® Medjool dates, pitted and sliced
- Several handfuls of your favorite greens: spinach, cress sprouts, broccoli sprouts, sunflower sprouts, butter leaf lettuce
- 2 thin slices of red onion
- 1 Mandarin orange, peeled and separated
- ½ avocado, sliced
- Sprinkle with seeds: pumpkin, chia, flax, hemp (any combination)
- 1-2 Tbsp Medjool date syrup (see Related Links below)
- Juice of ½ lemon
*While Medjool dates are high in natural sugars, they are low on the glycemic index thanks to a balanced amount of soluble fiber.
The complex carbohydrates found in Medjool dates are digested at a slower rate, making them a source of dietary fiber and releasing energy
to the body over a longer period of time.