- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup raw cashews or pecans
- 1 1/2 cup Natural Delights® Medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons mesquite flour (or your favorite flour)
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 cups popped salted popcorn (split)
- 2 tablespoons slivered or chopped almonds
- 1-2 tablespoons brown rice syrup or coconut nectar (if necessary)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (optional)
The popcorn can get soft so serve immediately!
*While Medjool dates are high in natural sugars, they are low on the glycemic index thanks to a balanced amount of soluble fiber.
The complex carbohydrates found in Medjool dates are digested at a slower rate, making them a source of dietary fiber and releasing energy
to the body over a longer period of time.