- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- ½ cup almonds (or any favorite nut - try 1/4 cup almonds and 1/4 cup cashews!)
- Topping ideas: crushed freeze dried strawberries, mango or raspberries, rice krispies gently crushed, any nuts (blitzed in a food processor - pistachios are great), desiccated unsweetened coconut, goji powder, pomegranate powder, hemp seeds, chia seeds.
Store energy balls in an airtight container. Keeps in your pantry for 2-3 weeks or refrigerate for longer storage.
*While Medjool dates are high in natural sugars, they are low on the glycemic index thanks to a balanced amount of soluble fiber.
The complex carbohydrates found in Medjool dates are digested at a slower rate, making them a source of dietary fiber and releasing energy
to the body over a longer period of time.