- 4 thick slices of your favorite artisan bread
- 2 tbs Sriracha or spicy mayonnaise
- 8 oz. Manchego or firm cheese of your choice, sliced
- 4 oz. prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 4 Natural Delights® Medjool dates, pitted & roughly chopped
- 1 small serrano chili thinly sliced (Keep in the seeds if you like spice, omit seeds to tame heat.)
- 4 oz. arugula
- 2-3 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
*While Medjool dates are high in natural sugars, they are low on the glycemic index thanks to a balanced amount of soluble fiber.
The complex carbohydrates found in Medjool dates are digested at a slower rate, making them a source of dietary fiber and releasing energy
to the body over a longer period of time.