Nut Butter Date Assembly
1. Place a tbsp of the creamy almond butter in each date. Then, stuff with a few raw almonds in each date. Drizzle with melted chocolate.
Nutella Date Assembly
1. Place a tbsp of Nutella in each date. Then, top with the crushed hazelnuts.
Tropicana Date Assembly
1. Whip together the cream cheese with powdered sugar, orange zest, and orange juice. Add a tbsp of this into each date then top with coconut flakes.
Baklava Date Assembly
1. Mix together the crushed walnuts, honey, cinnamon, and orange blossom water. Add a tbsp of filling into each date.
Halva Date Assembly
1. Add crushed pistachios into the dates then drizzle with tahini paste.
These are best made fresh and kept room temperature covered for no more than 2 days. If refrigerated, they will harden and not be as pleasant to eat.
*While Medjool dates are high in natural sugars, they are low on the glycemic index thanks to a balanced amount of soluble fiber. The complex carbohydrates found in Medjool dates are digested at a slower rate, making them a source of dietary fiber and releasing energy to the body over a longer period of time.