- For the Brownie
- 1 cup (~200g) Natural Delights Medjool Dates
- 3/4 cup (180g) almond milk
- 1/2 cup (125g) almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (50g) cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- For the frosting
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1–2 tsps matcha powder
- 1–2 tbsp agave or maple syrup (optional)
*While Medjool dates are high in natural sugars, they are low on the glycemic index thanks to a balanced amount of soluble fiber.
The complex carbohydrates found in Medjool dates are digested at a slower rate, making them a source of dietary fiber and releasing energy
to the body over a longer period of time.