1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork and add in the eggs, butter, vanilla, granulated sugar and brown sugar. Whisk together until all ingredients are blended well.
3. Next, add in the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Be careful not to over stir.
4. Fold in chopped dates and walnuts and spoon into the loaf pan.
5. Bake for about 55-60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Transfer to a cooling rack and let cool for about 20 minutes.
To make the glaze:
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and milk until smooth and combined. If needed more milk or powdered sugar until the desired consistency is reached.
2. Evenly drizzle glaze over bread and sprinkle walnuts on top before slicing and serving. Enjoy!
*While Medjool dates are high in natural sugars, they are low on the glycemic index thanks to a balanced amount of soluble fiber. The complex carbohydrates found in Medjool dates are digested at a slower rate, making them a source of dietary fiber and releasing energy to the body over a longer period of time.