Medjool Date Syrup
1. In a medium saucepan, bring Natural Delights Pitted Medjool Dates and water to a boil.
2. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring frequently and smashing with a spoon or potato masher to break the dates apart
3. After about 30 minutes most of the liquid should be evaporated and the remaining liquid should be quite thick/syrupy.
4. Remove from the heat and cool. Then squeeze through a nut milk bag to extract just the syrup (you should get about 1 cup).
5. Transfer to a glass jar and keep it in the fridge.
Matcha Gin Fizz
1. Shake together gin, lemon juice, syrup, and matcha powder in a cocktail shaker (or a jar works if you don’t have one) with ice.
2. Strain into a glass, add ice, and top with club soda.
3. Garnish with a lemon slice.
*While Medjool dates are high in natural sugars, they are low on the glycemic index thanks to a balanced amount of soluble fiber. The complex carbohydrates found in Medjool dates are digested at a slower rate, making them a source of dietary fiber and releasing energy to the body over a longer period of time.