- 1/4 cup Medjool date syrup (see Related Links below)
- 1/4 cup Brandy
- 1 750 milliliter bottle Pinot Noir (or your favorite red wine)
- 2 cups Bing cherries, pitted
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 2 white flesh peaches, sliced thin
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme (more for garnish)
- 4 small fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup cold club soda (if you like your Sangria a little sweeter, try diet 7-up)
*While Medjool dates are high in natural sugars, they are low on the glycemic index thanks to a balanced amount of soluble fiber.
The complex carbohydrates found in Medjool dates are digested at a slower rate, making them a source of dietary fiber and releasing energy
to the body over a longer period of time.