For the Popcorn:
1. Place coconut oil in a medium to a large pot and melt over medium heat. Add popcorn and lid, shake the pot to coat.
2. When the kernels start to pop (about a minute) continue to shake the pot until they have stopped popping.
3. Quickly remove from heat, transfer to a bowl to cool.
For the Date + Almond Chocolate
1. Using a food processor, pulse the dates and almonds until they are the size of pebbles adds to the gently melted chocolate, and stir until combined.
2. Pour onto parchment and spread evenly. Optional: lightly sprinkle with coarse salt.
3. Let cool then break into pieces, add to cooled popcorn
*While Medjool dates are high in natural sugars, they are low on the glycemic index thanks to a balanced amount of soluble fiber. The complex carbohydrates found in Medjool dates are digested at a slower rate, making them a source of dietary fiber and releasing energy to the body over a longer period of time.