1. Pit the Medjool dates by using a sharp knife to cut lengthwise. Pull open and flatten, removing pits and laying them out, sticky side up.
2. Stick three pecans per date, arranging them like the head and feet of a turtle.
3. Chop your dark chocolate into as small bits as possible, and melt in a heat-safe bowl on top of a pot over medium heat, stirring constantly until mostly melted.
4. Remove from heat and stir in the last few chunks of chocolate.
5. Drizzle about 1 tsp of chocolate per cluster, to seal the inside of the Medjool dates and secure the pecans. Let them set in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes, and enjoy!
6. Keep stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
*While Medjool dates are high in natural sugars, they are low on the glycemic index thanks to a balanced amount of soluble fiber. The complex carbohydrates found in Medjool dates are digested at a slower rate, making them a source of dietary fiber and releasing energy to the body over a longer period of time.