For the "Date Caramel"
1. Combine pitted dates & hot water, and soak for 15 minutes in a food processor to make your "caramel".
2. Drain & blend with salt, water & almond butter. Set aside in jar.
For the Overnight Oats
1. In a separate bowl, mix oats with milk of choice & chill in fridge overnight.
2. When ready, layer oats, then a scoop of “caramel” & repeat.
3. Garnish with fruit, seeds &/or nuts.
*While Medjool dates are high in natural sugars, they are low on the glycemic index thanks to a balanced amount of soluble fiber. The complex carbohydrates found in Medjool dates are digested at a slower rate, making them a source of dietary fiber and releasing energy to the body over a longer period of time.