- 5 “coffee” ice cubes, sweetened (about 1 cup loose cubes)
- 5 non-dairy milk cubes (almond milk used) (about 1 cup loose cubes)
- 2 water ice cubes (or for stronger coffee flavor, 3 more coffee cubes)
- 1 large frozen banana
- 2-4 Medjool dates, pitted, to sweeten to taste
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk (add more as needed to blend)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp raw walnuts, chopped (about 1 small handful)
- 1 tsp cacao powder
*While Medjool dates are high in natural sugars, they are low on the glycemic index thanks to a balanced amount of soluble fiber.
The complex carbohydrates found in Medjool dates are digested at a slower rate, making them a source of dietary fiber and releasing energy
to the body over a longer period of time.