1. Preheat the oven to 350 F. Prep an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
2. First, toast the nuts in a pan for 2-4 minutes until fragrant and browned then chop. Set to the side.
3. Mix the melted butter with brown sugar.
4. Add the egg and vanilla to this and stir.
5. To this wet mixture, add flour, cardamom, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt.
6. Fold in the chopped dates and nuts.
7. Pour into the 8x8 baking pan and bake for 23-25 minutes on the top rack.
8. Cool the blondies to room temperature before removing from the baking dish and cut into 9 large pieces or 16 smaller ones.
*While Medjool dates are high in natural sugars, they are low on the glycemic index thanks to a balanced amount of soluble fiber. The complex carbohydrates found in Medjool dates are digested at a slower rate, making them a source of dietary fiber and releasing energy to the body over a longer period of time.