This Pumpkin Pie Smoothie Bowl gets its creamy consistency from frozen bananas and its sweetness from Medjool dates, pumpkin, and coconut topping.
Recipe by Hummusapien.
- 1 1/2 overripe sliced and frozen bananas
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (canned pumpkin)
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1-2 Medjool dates, pitted (for sweetness)
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Optional: 1 scoop of brown rice protein powder
- Toppings: dried cranberries, coconut, pecans, banana, etc
1. Place all ingredients except toppings in a blender. Blend until smooth.
2. Pour into a bowl and top with desired toppings.
*While Medjool dates are high in natural sugars, they are low on the glycemic index thanks to a balanced amount of soluble fiber.
The complex carbohydrates found in Medjool dates are digested at a slower rate, making them a source of dietary fiber and releasing energy
to the body over a longer period of time.